- Strong pipeline of upcoming projects and opportunities for career development
- Competitive salary package including a fully maintained vehicle
- Immediate start available | Permanent Opportunity
About the company:
Our client is a leading force in the Civil Construction industry, specialising in demolition works, civil works, and asbestos removal. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to be responsible for the management of quality, cost, and program of projects to ensure our clients’ expectations are met and internal budgets and resources managed efficiently. With a commitment to excellence, innovation, and safety, we have a proven track record of successfully delivering projects that meet and exceed client expectations. Due to internal growth, they are seeking a Civil Project Manager/Estimator to join their team on a permanent basis.
About the role:
The successful candidate will play a key role in overseeing and estimating Civil Construction projects, with a specific focus on civil works. You will be tasked with Project Managing anywhere from 4-6 projects at a time, ranging from $100,000 – $1million. The client’s main projects are civil construction jobs & those with experience will be looked upon favorably – you will oversee estimating, quoting, and tendering projects for the company.
- Manage end-to-end aspects of projects from initial setup to completion, anywhere from 4-6 projects at a time, ranging from $100,000 – $1million.
- Client management and overall satisfaction
- Complete projects on time, focusing on quality and budget whilst ensuring and promoting a safe workplace.
- Be responsible for the financial, scheduling and safety performance of each project.
- Proactively manage the information & documentation requirements for tenders, projects & all works undertaken.
- Assist in the preparation & review of tenders & contracts.
- Ensure the provision of resources and support to enable each project to function efficiently and effectively.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems and lead contingency plans.
- Ensure the project’s operations are carried out within all statutory requirements.
What you’ll bring:
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing estimates and assisting lead bids for challenging and diverse projects up to $2m. You must be versed in take-offs and reading plans. You will also have strong interpersonal skills, take pride in your work, have attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
Skills & experience required:
- Full Australian working rights
- Extensive experience (5+ years) in a similar role in Civil Construction Estimating including bulk and detailed earthworks.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans.
- High attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Follow instructions accurately.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Strong time management skills.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
If you meet the qualifications and requirements listed above and are ready to take the next steps in your career, please click on ‘apply now’ to submit your CV along with a cover letter outlining your skills and experience.
Alternatively, you can forward your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s work together!
To apply for this job please visit apply.recruitwizard.com.